Nursery INursery I consists of babies ages Newborn - 8 months. Our Nursey is not a babysitting service. Babies are people too, with a spirit, soul and body. We minister the Word of God to them on their level as we pray over them and interact with them.
We desire that our Nursery is a place of peace, beauty, and growth for our babies, workers and parents. In order to provide that atmosphere, we lay a foundation of prayer, love, enthusiasm and warmth. Those who work in our Nursey must be willing to give of themselves to be a blessing, not only to children, but to the parents and other workers. We want to show them the love of God.
Why have a church nursery?
Everything we do here at Cornerstone is aimed at one goal - bringing people to Christ. Our Nursery can help us accomplish that goal.
The following are key reasons for our Nursery Ministry:
1. Babies can be a distraction in a service.
- During a service, we want those attending to grasp every word and to be ministered to through Praise and Worship and prayer times. The Nursery helps remove any distractions caused by normal baby noises and movements.
2. Our Nursery is equipped to meet babies' needs.
- Babies rest better in surroundings geared towards their needs. They can be changed, fed, and interacted with in surroundings with freedom to move around and make noise.
3. The Nursery releases parents or guardians for service.
- There are ministers, ushers, greeters and those involved in other areas of ministry who could not be a part of God's work with little ones to care for. With the best facilities and workers available to them, they can bless others by serving, and be confident that their children are being given the best care.